Sunday, March 30, 2008

What happens when you read the bible to your children...

William and I have started reading his little "Precious Moments" bible...it started out as me trying to see if there was an age appropriate story to explain Easter and has since grown into us reading a little story each night (his idea, not mine). I have to admit I am not too sure about this little bible, but he likes it so on we read.

Tonight as Andrew was putting him to bed the questions started.

William: If I fly up to heaven will I see God?
Daddy: No...God is invisible.
William: So I guess God made heaven so he could have a place to live?
Daddy: I guess so.
William: Did you know God made the sky in one day. And did you know that he just did it and he didn't even have to say please?
Daddy: Really...smirking and trying not to crack a smile...
William: And did you know that on the last day God just stayed in bed and rested all day, well I don't know if he stayed in bed, but he just stayed at home and didn't do anything else.

I guess not a bad interpretation for a 5 year old!!

No comments: