Monday, October 22, 2007

Paint this house!!

Here we are--finally in our house!! It has been a crazy couple of weeks with lots of hard work. But it is starting to all pay off. We gutted the bathroom, and painted the house top to bottom. As you can see the kitchen needed alot of work. We are still working or the cupboard doors for the kitchen and the bathroom and the bathroom still requires a bit more finishing work. I am keeping Andrew busy with my list of to-do's, but I think he is so happy to have a home again that he doesn't even mind!! Anyway, we have had so much help from everyone family and friends, from painting and moving to wathcing the kids and feeding us meals on the fly---we are so lucky and and we feel very blessed to be we are are!! Thank you!!!




Oh yeah, still painting the doors for the china cabinet -- and the all the pictures still need to hung! John was the resident paint guy for a week---one Saturday he spent over 14 hours at the house---I think he must love us!! We sure love him!




The bathroom---yikes! I had the most fun ripping the walls out of the bathroom! It was theraputic I swear! Poor Dad---we have been keeping him BUSY! He will never suggest buying a fixer upper again!


The bedrooms---I forgot to upload a picture of William's room! It was the most work---we painted it orange to surprise him, as he had requested that colour---had a total paint disaster and had to start all over again. It was a crisis moment for sure, but in the end it worked out and I am really happy with his blue room, that has an orange door :)
Cousins---these are pics form Thanksgiving weekend! Emily Pearl and Alice and Below William and Elizabeth.
This was William's first time skating on the ice at Kingswood---it was awesome. We loved it and who knows maybe he'll be a hockey player afterall??

4 comments:

holly said...

Great pictures Heather. Your house looks so warm and welcoming. Can't wait to see it in person.

The Osbornes said...

wow! what a difference even since I was over...it looks GREAT! I'm so happt for u guys. Loving the kitchen caddy!!! We'll be over soon. xoxo

Anonymous said...

congrats heather!!! I love it!
and william on the ice.... so cute!
can't wait to catch up soon.
kerry

Kelly said...

Your house looks wonderful! So happy for all of you!!