Thursday, May 24, 2007

Hooray Mommie!

I finally, fianlly, finally landed a job! It is with the provincial government in marketing/communications and I start on Monday!! I can't tell you how excited I am feeling! I of course feel very sad to leave my babies, but I know they will be richer for the experience of other people caring for them and lots of little people around! William in not convinced about any of this :)
Funny the way life works....last week started out very bad....I had a job interview that was so horrendous I cried all the way home, three hours later our car broke down , it ended up being in the shop the entire week (while it poured rain everyday). When it was finally ready to be picked up, they informed me it was still broken, but driveable and there were no rentals in the city of Fredericton for the long weekend. The icing on the cake...I killed William's fish while cleaning out its tank, yep literally I watched the fish jump out of the bowl and to its unfortunate death down our oh so icky drain! Anyway, just when I was thinking what next, I got the unofficial job offer--phew! Thank goodness for rainbows after the rain :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAH Heather! I loved your post it made me feel normal. Sorry about your car and williams fish - some days/weeks you just need to quit and turn on the tv to watch oprah and Dr. Phil all day. If I have a really bad day I search for Jerry Springer and after 5 mins of watching it I think to myself 'I am sane, well balanced and blessed!' Just thought I would suggest some of my coping tools.

Jules said...

Happy to hear about the job, I hope for all the time and effort you put into this it will pay off big time in all the right ways.